CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

*I really did write this yesterday, but due to internet connection drama, it didn't post until today!

Well, at least in stores. Today I went into Hallmark to buy a wedding card and little gift for my Pilates instructor (because she's just a doll). What did I see? A HUGE BANNER that said "Santa today, 10 am to 2 pm". Apparently people want to get their kids' pictures taken with santa on November 8. Niiiiice.

But I admit, it was nice to go in there, hear Bing Crosby sing songs and wander among the red and green merchanside. Between shopping and seeing all the decorations, putting on Christmas albums, and putting cinnamon sticks and orange peels on the stove, I get all in the sprit once advent starts.

What do you do to get in the spirit?

1 comment:

Laura Godfrey said...

Ah! I loved this post! So fun! I get into the Christmas spirit when it starts getting darker earlier and colder all the time! I usually can't feel full blown Christmas until after Thanksgiving, but this year I'm feeling it earlier because a) Thanksgiving is a week later, and b) I have all these great decorations that I bought after Christmas last year and I've never gotten to use before! Oh, I l.o.v.e. Christmas!:)