CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Yes, That Is Green Smoothie


Benjamin Franklin once said, "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy". No disrespect intended, but that's what I think about green smoothie. Or Smoothie, as she is known around our house. She's part of the family, after all.

Today I went to three thrift stores looking for a replacement blender to tide me over until the new one comes. Nada. I was feeling rather dejected because I couldn't imagine waiting until Saturday to have my beloved Smoothie. I pulled into the garage defeated, when I saw it. Angels sang. There was a Christmas-like shaft of light that seemed to come from heaven itself and landed on the cheap plastic blender that we got when we were first married.

It had no blade, but my husband never throws anything away. He's a real packrat. I came in, trying not to get my hopes up and casually asked where the blade was for that blender, not knowing whether it would work. He found the blade in about 2 minutes, and we got the thing going. A little rickety, but it turned. The greens were a little chunkier than usual,
but it was green Smoothie.

I still can't wait to get my BlendTec, but this will serve until Saturday. Now I'm going to make another, just because I can.

No comments: