CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Iodine Experiement

So I've been reading Robyn's blog for some time, and the iodine thing really got to me. I decided to give it a shot, since tincture of iodine was exactly $2 at Walgreens when I ran in to buy the Monster some diapers the other day. As an aside, this was immediately after my gas triumph, where I was able to totally fill up the car and only had to wait half an hour!

Anyhow, so the iodine. Monday I put it on my right abdomen, and it was gone after 5 hours. It was the first time I'd checked though, so I don't know how fat it disappeared. I was so intrigued that I painted it on my left abdomen, and it was gone in three hours. Yesterday, I put it on the inside of my left knee, and it stayed a full 14 hours. Today, I put it on the bottom of my right foot, so we'll see how long it lasts. I'm guessing that the smart place for the iodine is anywhere a transdermal patch could go (like a nicotine or birth control patch), though I've heard that the feet are a great place to get anything into or out of the body.

To be continued!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think perhaps you were a scientist in another lifetime. Only you would become fascinated by iodine absorption and want to try it out in different places on your body... :)