CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dental Implant

Tomorrow I'm going to the oral surgeon to have #30 extracted, a mini bone graft at the site, and the hole drilled for the implant, as well as pulling #16, my only wisdom tooth. I'm unnaturally afraid of this.

I had 4 root canals in 5 weeks in 2005, and I wasn't at all afraid. This requires general anesthesia, and I don't like the idea of that. I'm also somewhat afraid of the recovery. And the fact that the bone graft is coming from the "bone bank". Um, weird.

So pray for me, I'm freaking out. I had that moment today when I told the Music Man to remarry if I don't make it and love my children.

Surgery is at 10:45; I'll report back on how it went (God willing).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope everything went well. I'm sure MMan won't have to find a new wife! :) Thinking about you and praying...

Family O'Foxes said...

I had an implant in Jan.
http://familyofoxes.blogspot.com/2008/01/implant-surgery.html

~Amy
(found you through Fussypants)