CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Year In Review--Part Deux

I stole this from Mindy on her Facebook page. :)

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Got below my high school weight.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any for 2008, but this year I will read through the entire Bible and earn my Pilates certification.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Just me!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
nope

5. What countries did you visit?
Let's see...Norway, Italy, Morocco, Mexico...all at Epcot because I don't have a passport!

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Hmm, I'm pretty set. I think I lacked quality (though there was plenty of quantity) time with my kids and especially with the Lord.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 2, My Look Alike was born. :)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting below my high school weight.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Definitly spending time on my relationship with God, though it picked up closer to the end of the year and is going strong right now.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just some minor injuries as I strted running, super bad knees. They're not good, but getting better as I get stronger!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Blendtec, hands down.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Hmm, I'll go with the Music Man. He and I had some serious discussions (which he HATES), and he's been working hard at giving me the things that I need.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The Bush Administration

14. Where did most of your money go?
Paying off debt.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting really, really, really in shape.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
"Undeniable" by Mat Kearney.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
Happier.

ii. thinner or fatter?
Thinner (by 70 lbs).

iii. richer or poorer?
poorer - I don't have two jobs anymore.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying. The heart of the king is in the hand of the Lord!

20. How did you spend Christmas in 2008?
We were at WDW until 12/24, then came home and cooked for the in-laws to come over. The joy of marrying an only child.

21. What LJ users did you meet for the first time?
Min, LJ is LiveJournal. I don't think I met any!

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Totally! My Look Alike is amazing!

23. How many one-night stands?
none, I don't roll that way.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
I didn't watch much TV, but I love the Biggest Loser.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope, quite the opposite. I love a lot more than I did.

26. What was the best book you read?
Let's go with Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Tenth Avenue North.

28. What did you want and get?
My Blendtec, a car.

29. What did you want and not get?
Nothing really. Oh, I did sorta want a birthday gift from the Music Man, but he got me, ahem, gum. A three pack of gum.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I think I only saw Indiana Jones in the theather, but I did finally see, and really enjoy, THe Notebook.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
It was a Sunday, so I went to church then out to dinner with my in-laws (who DID get me gifts, not gum). I was 29.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I don't think anything.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Updated classic.

34. What kept you sane?
My kids, they remind me to play.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I still sorta love Owen Wilson.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Lots of them, but mainly the strife between Evangelicals and the Democratic party.

37. Who did you miss?
Lots of friends who live close by but I never seem to see.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Pam, my Pilates instructor. She's amazing, and way more than my instructor. Friend, substitute mom, confidant, mentor. Did I mention that she's wonderful?

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
That God designed my exactly the way He wanted me. Sigh.

40. BONUS YUPPIE QUESTION What were your best meals of the year?
Hmm, let's think. We ate at the Wave at Disney World, and the lamb shank and lentil stew was amazing. Seasons 52 was super great, too.

No comments: