CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 30, 2009

Who Is Your Favorite?

Did you ever ask your parents that? "Mom, who do you love the best"? I asked that question once, but knew from the response that it wasn't an ok question.

I know that I only asked because I wanted to be assured that I was loved in the first place, which is its own problem. But with God, we're ALL His favorite. How sweet is that? That notion never sat well with me, but my friend Kate used to say all the time, "I'm an SO God's favorite today", with genuine joy. Some time later I came to the realization that since He is no respecter of persons, that had to be true. Sweet! So I AM God's favorite!

Last night we had a night of worship at my church. Worship leaders from several local Vineyard churches lead, and it was amazing. The best part? So many people I loved were there! Above-mentioned Kate was able to come and brought three girls with her. Ransomed Grace that I mentioned in my last post sat with her husband right in front of me. My friend Prisoner of Hope and her husband came and sat behind. A woman named Lu was there, and it was so sweet to see and talk with her. John and Ginger were there, as were Walt and another friend, Susan. I was surrounded by this big circle of love, and I thought my heart might burst.

Ps 139:5, "You hem me in, before and behind, Your sovereign hand is upon me."

Amen and amen.

1 comment:

Brenna Kate Simonds, Living Unveiled said...

One of the translations of Beloved" is favorite :)