CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 9, 2009

Tidbits

*This morning, the police showed up at my door at 7:30 am. APPARENTLY, my littlest called 911 SEVERAL times while I was making my hot water for cayenne tea. They were exceedingly kind and didn't reprimand me at all, as I expected. They looked around to see that we were ok, asked if anyone else was home, and left.

*At the moment, I am LOVING this time change. My children are going to bed at the same time, but got up at 8 am yesterday and 7:30 today. That's a nice change from 5:45-6:30. Will it last? Who knows, but I'm not complaining right now!

*Have you ever wondered about the song "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing"? Specifically the line, "Here I raise mine Ebenezer/Hither by thy help I'm come". Apparently it has to do with Samuel 7, and I'm working to figure out what my Ebenezer stones would be.

10 While Samuel was sacrificing the burnt offering, the Philistines drew near to engage Israel in battle. But that day the LORD thundered with loud thunder against the Philistines and threw them into such a panic that they were routed before the Israelites. 11 The men of Israel rushed out of Mizpah and pursued the Philistines, slaughtering them along the way to a point below Beth Car.

12 Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer, [b] saying, "Thus far has the LORD helped us." 13 So the Philistines were subdued and did not invade Israelite territory again.

*I'm undertaking a colon cleanse and, while I'm excited about it, I'm a bit nervous. It's a long 90 day process (I could probably do it in 30 if I were willing to fast, but I'm not willing since I exercise so much and am still nursing).

*I also ordered some new gym clothes from Old Navy that are supposed to come, so I'll let you know what I think. They're one of the few to make pants in petites (even petite capris, woohoo), along with a couple of styles at Target, NY & Company, and a single style of Nike at REI.

I think that's all, almost time to get the kids dressed and head to my dance class at the gym!

1 comment:

Beth (Adventures of a Schoolmarm) said...

Nice one on the 911 calls. That had me laughing out loud. Not that it's funny to waste their time on non-emergency calls... but you know what I mean. ;)