CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 12, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my Window...sunshine with lots of leaves and debris from the crazy winds we had yesterday! Pine needles even pierced the delicate leaves of my pepper plants. :(

I am thinking...that my green smoothie tastes a bit flat today, added too much water.

I am thankful for...a fun trip to the farmer's market and library with the Frecracker Princess on Saturday.

From the kitchen...we're trying grilled portobellos tonight

I am creating...a workout program that I can stick with long-term.

I am going...to the gym this afternoon

I am wearing...jeans and a new green t-shirt that I found on sale for $2.50 at Michaels.

I am reading...Girl Meets God, still. Just finished The Maker's Diet.

I am hoping...for a better balance of working and my little ones, and to have a salad start dinner every night like we did when I was young.

I am hearing...the Firecracker Princess bemoan the fact that the Chubby Cheeked Monster is eating a peach other than the one she got him from the fruit bowl. Pure drama, that one.

Around the house...library books on every surface, laundry that needs to be folded, and windows in desperate need of washing.

One of my favorite things...snuggling this morning with the kids. They're a bit congested from the weather change, making they especially snugglicious.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...go to the gym today, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, work (of course), learn to sew, group on Thursday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing for you... Am I the only one who didn't know that garlic is HUGE from the garden? And that the green part is super tasty in a salad?
Go see the fantastic Peggy, you know the drill. ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your garlic looks so fresh and tasty!

I can't wait for our farmer's market to begin again.

I loved the book Girl Meets God. I was able to hear her speak at the college nearby.

Kelli said...

Your garlic looks wonderful! I enjoyed reading your Daybook and I hope your week is going well!
~Kelli

Kathy said...

Cute profile! Love the garlic - it IS huge! If our growing season were longer than 30 days in Michigan I might try that!...Kathy@ Mimi's Garden