CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Picture Overload

I thought I'd show some pictures since I tend to be painfully bad at that, so this is a sort of strike while the iron is hot melange.

This is my first attempt at ice cream in my Blendtec, and it was a sort of soft serve triple berry. The Music Man declared it his favorite ice cream ever (I didn't like it quite that much, but it was tasty).



This is my first attempt at sprouted wheat bread. I wasn't a huge fan of the taste, but I will try it
again, especially now that I'm making a sourdough starter with the yeast that's in grapes (wild), as well as water and flour.




My newly semi-organized pantry. It's hard to buy in bulk in such a small space, sigh. First row is grains (cereal, rice, pasta), second row is canned goods and my beloved organic peanut butter, third row is staples (the 1-gallon pails are sucanat and sucanat with honey), and the bottom is a gallon of honey, plus onions and sweet potatoes. Doors are mostly beans, which I use for
Ezekiel bread, as well as some dried fruit and nuts. Since I don't eat refined sugar, I have to have SOMETHING.










And finally, some of my grain. The three 6-gallon pails are organic hard and soft whites and hard red wheat. The 1-gallon pails are rye, barley, spelt, flax, and gluten. I also have 2 more 45 lb. pails of wheat in the garage. As for storage, they all fit under the desk you see in the kitchen, which techinally I use for more counter space (the toaster oven and griddle are over there, with a bookshelf for my cookbooks above.

No comments: