CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 5, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook--Cinco de Mayo



FOR TODAY

Outside my Window...is a cloudy morning, with birds singing happily and an overgrown yard

I am thinking...that I'm so blessed to have a job, no matter how I feel about it.

I am thankful for...a husband who is really, really trying

From the kitchen...we'll have something Mexican, it's Cinco de Mayo!

I am creating...a surprise in my head, and if it occurs, I will have pictures to post!

I am going...to bake bread today with my new grape sourdough starter. It smells very yeasty, without commercial yeast.

I am wearing...the green t-shirt that I was wearing in the food processor green smoothie debacle.

I am reading...Girl Meets God

I am hoping...that a young girl in a crisis pregnancy will make a better choice than I did back then.

I am hearing...The Firecracker Princess sucking her thumb next to me, and the Look Alike breathing hard

Around the house...the living room needs to be seriously worked on, but otherwise we're doing ok. I love clean bathrooms.

One of my favorite things...talking to faraway friends who God brings to mind prophetically in dreams.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...a run today, Music Man's concert tomorrow (he'll be home late, so I must entertain the kiddos from breakfast until bedtime), a run Wednesday, group Thursday. I think that's about it for this week.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing for you... This is a new variety of tomato I'm growing in my garden this year. I figured it was a better picture than the compost heap. :)

Now that you're hungry for some summer tomatoes, go on over and visit Peggy at The Simple Woman!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I just stopped over from Peggy's blog. I enjoyed reading your daybook and also your green smoothie post. I've never done a smoothie, but I do juice. My favorite "green" recipe is kale, Granny Smith apples, kiwi and lime (picture at my blog) But I'm going to have to give your smoothie a try...it sounds yummy.

~~Anne
www.backyardtreasures.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

I love tomato and pickle sandwiches. Just thinking about them makes my mouth water.
Blessings,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Oh, those tomatoes do look good! Thanks for sharing your busy week!