CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 4, 2008

New Green Smoothie Recipe

Since I talk about the green smoothie like ALL the time, a few people have asked about the recipe. Mine is a mix of GreenSmoothieGirl and GreenSmoothieExperiment (warning, this is a weight loss blog) with my own edits because I'm allergic to the amazingly juicy deliciousness that is mango. Sigh.

These days it's:

2-3 c. spinach
2/3 heart of romaine lettuce (I just chop them into thirds and use two each morning)
1 large collard leaf, stem removed
1 piece of kale, small to medium
1 T. flax seed
1 T. agave nectar or honey (or stevia if you prefer)
2 c. water

When that's nicely blended, usually about 60 seconds I add:

1 kiwi
5-6 strawberries
2 ripe bananas
1 c. cantaloupe
1/2 c. blueberries
1/2 c. raspberries

It's so tasty. Soooo tasty! Please let me know if you try it, I'd love to hear what you think.

No comments: