CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Broken Road

I blogged on Thursday about how I was going to spend some time reconciling with someone precious to me, and figured I'd update. Thursday was really a pretty perfect day. I felt like the Lord told me to fast, so I did. Since I was up at 4 am, I prayed until 6 or so, then decided to take a nap at 8:30. Woke up at 10:30, when the Music Man took all the kids on a hike. They got home and I had to leave for the International House of Prayer (hereafter known as IHOP) with my friend Susan. It was two hours of getting to soak in the Lord's presence, and He spoke a ton.

It took a bit over an hour to get home, then I had half an hour to change and grab some clothes to go to meet my friend. She and I only ended up having about twenty minutes to talk because of other obligations, but the time we did have was so sweet. I got to say what I needed to say, felt like she did, and truly felt like the Holy Spirit was there to be balm for both our hearts. We realized that it had gotten really out of hand, and came to an agreement that if we had issues like that again, we'd talk in person right away instead of taking 10 miserable days and sending emails back and forth.

After we talked, I decided to hit a dance class at the gym, because after such a sweet day with the Lord, I wanted to DANCE! My friend Pam has instilled this dance love in me. Even though I'm still kinda terrible, I've come to appreciate the things that my body can do. On my way out of the gym, I saw the friend I'd just reconciled with, and we chatted. Then she called me on the way home, just because she loves me and wanted to. Isn't that sweet?

I am such a proponent of reconciliation. It's so, so hard, but worth so much. God works in those painful places and strengthens bonds. I'm so thankful to both the Lord and my friend for walking that ground with me. It is holy, that work. It is sweet.

No comments: