CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Random Stuff Swirling Around In My Head

Today I came home from my solitary hour at the gym and decided to try on some old clothes. I'm ecstatic to report that the jeans I was when the Firecracker Princess was 8 mos old (after six months of Weight Watchers) now zip. I'm probably 5 lbs away from them fitting super comfortably, but I could probably accomplish that in the next week or two.

Yesterday we went to the Rowells for the Fourth, and it was a good time. I took the kids in the pool (!), we had a bbq, and it was generally just chill. The best part? My kids, who have decided that they're morning people, have decided to start rising between 6 and 7 am. Not so today, they were so beat after the festivities that they slept until 8:15. Woohoo!

And finally, I know that shouldn't come as a surprise to me, but it does. I don't listen to secular music; I haven't for a little over three years now. I've been taking all these classes at the gym because that's the only way I can keep motivated, and the music is KILLING me. It's all about sex, adultery, and murder. I realize that I sound like an old woman, but this is really disturbing.

But you know what's worse? I actually know some of the songs. I haven't listened to that sort of stuff for several years now, but somehow they get stuck in my head. "I kissed a girl and I liked it?", um, yeah. I'm sure that does not belong in my brain. It's just a strong reminder to guard my heart and mind more closely.

Phil 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. (NASB)

No comments: