CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

July check-in



A month ago today, I went and had a body composition test, and the results were not pretty. I weighed 181 lbs and had a body fat percentage of 39.3%. I've been hitting it hard at the gym (1-3 hours a day, 6 days a week, averaging 14 hours) and eating really well. I upped my protein consumption significantly, though I am hovering around 25% instead of the 40% that was suggested. I will say I DO feel much better eating more protein because I have the beginnings of some blood sugar issues.

So for the total of the month: I lost 10.2 lbs. My body fat went from 39.3% to 35.3%, which means that I didn't lose any muscle this month, only fat (woohoo, thanks weight training). I'm excited to get myself into the recommended body fat range in the next three months (being 20-28% for my age range). Yay, I feel victorious.

Back to the gym tomorrow.

No comments: