CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Selfish

There's a delicious selfishness that manifests after you have a baby. Huh? Oh yes, really. You see, when your body has been held hostage for 9+ months, you find joy in things like sleeping on your belly again, taking the occasional Advil, even drinking the uber-rare caffeine-free Coke like the one I had last night.

While I know that all of these things would have affected the Look-Alike when she was in there, now that she's out, I don't feel so guilty. And along the same lines of that selfishness, you actually feel like you're OFFERING the babe something when you nurse her. It's something that you don't technically have to do, so you get to feel like some great benefactress. I'm sure that this was part of the grand design, and yet it hangs so perfectly in the selfish/selfless mommy balance that I'm astounded by it.

Call me selfish if you like, but today I might sleep on my belly AND have a Coke. So there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Woo-hoo! Welcome to the blogosphere, chica! So glad to be the first to post a comment and looking forward to reading more. :)