CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Green Smoothie Love

QuickPost Quickpost this image to Myspace, Digg, Facebook, and others!">Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

OK people, forgive the whole picture thing, I've never posted one before. In fact, one of my coworkers had to tell me how to get this far.

So today I had my first green smoothie. Any of you green smoothie-ites have noticed that there was more fruit than greens, and I'm working on it. Yes, that is a fresh and delicious pineapple in the background. And yes, that is a St. Patty's day straw I scrounged out of the mess drawer in the kitchen. It didn't work, said smoothie was way too thick to drink through a straw.

Anyhow, so if you want to try a green smoothie, here's the recipe I used:
*1 really large handful of baby spinach (I'm guessing 1.5 cups, it was up to the 2 cup line in my blender w/o being TOTALLY smooshed down)
*2 small ripe bananas (mine were frozen)
*1 c. frozen mixed fruit
*5-6 frozen strawberries
*1 T. flax seed
*1-2 c. water

I blended the spinach, flax and 1 c. water alone at first because I don't have an amazing Blendtec or VitaMix blender (although if I get into this, I'm sure a purchase will be
forthcoming), then added everything else. I promise to get to a more even fruit/greens ratio soon!

Thanks so much to Sara from Happy Foody for the challenge, even though I took it up, oh, after it ended...

No comments: