CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 5, 2009

Quick P90X Update

I don't think that I've mentioned that I stopped doing p90X, but I did. I took a hard look at my goals and realized that what I want right now in my life and fitness routine is to be in the weight room more. I decided to go to M, T, Th, F in the weight room with cardio M night, Reformer T night, Pilates mat and cardio W night, and cardio S morning. I'm considered adding yoga on Sunday afternoon because I feel like I've lost some of my flexibility with all the weight training.

As for why I stopped P90X, I just didn't feel it was intense enough. I think it's a good program on the whole, but it wasn't getting me where I wanted to be. There are also more exercises that are dangerous than I'd like, at least for me. I don't have any HUGE weaknesses, but my hip flexors are iffy, and it's easy for me to strain the shoulder excessively. In the last two weeks of designing my own program, I'm seeing some results in my body that even a couple of the guys in the gym have mentioned. For now, that's what I'll do. I'll let you know how it comes out!

No comments: