CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

It's Lent

Most years I try to think of something to give up for Lent, and I've never really been serious about it. This year I preliminarily decided to give up that last vestige of refined sugar in my diet. However, that's more about me than God.

So this morning I was in the shower and it hit me, I spend most of my time on/near the computer. This is a bad, bad habit leftover from the days when I had to fit a little work in whenever I could. Most days I don't actually DO anything, just check Facebook and play games and check my email every three minutes. Not cool.

My commitment this Lent is to spend less time online and more time plugged in to God and my family. To accomplish this, I need to create a realistic but tough goal (at least for me), and I think that's one hour per day. That includes blogging, email, goal tracking with the ActiTrainer, etc.

This took 5 minutes, so I'd down to about 15 more for today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great plan, Heather! I am still trying to figure out what I'm "giving up" for Lent myself. :)

Brenna Kate Simonds, Living Unveiled said...

I'm giving up refined sugar as well as refined flour :)