CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Labor Stories

A bit late in the day, but a Labor Day meme! I found this one through Michelle who found it through Shannon.


How long were your labors?

Firecracker Princess: 21 hours
Chubby Cheeked Monster: 18 hours
The Look Alike: 16 hours


How did you know you were in labor?

FP: It was induced, shudder
CCM: I thought, "Hey, I'm a week overdue and these suckers are getting strong"
LA: I thought, "Hey, I'm 8 days overdue, and these contractions woke me from my sleep".

Where did you deliver?

At the hospital with all three, though LA was born at a different hospital (blessedly)

Drugs?

Narcotic and epidural with the FP, epidural only with CCM, drug-free with the LA, and will plan to go drug-free from now on.

C-section?

No, thank the Lord. That thought frightens me.

Who delivered?

The same midwife delivered my first two. Then we had a falling out in this last pregnancy where she told me I endangered the life of my child by not taking a "standard" test. It was ugly, and she actually told me I could've killed my baby. Sigh.

SO anyhow, to make an ugly story shorter, I found a wonderful midwife at a different hospital and had a water birth. It was pretty delightful, as labors go. I got to walk. I got to eat. I got in the tub AND birthed in there. No IV. No "baby stuff" done to my newborn. I will hope to do it exactly the same way next time.

If you want to play along with this meme, just cut and paste the questions into your own blog and go visit Shannon!

1 comment:

Michelle@Life with Three said...

I'm glad you played along with this! You had some long labors -- but I really admire that you did the last one without drugs. I joke about it, but that was always my original intention with my daughter. Your experience with the good midwife is exactly how I imagined birth might go for me. :)